TUTORIAL ON MAKING A SIMPLE LACE DRESS WITH A LONG JACKET
Combining two patterns to recreate a style
I used the “New Look” Pattern for the dress and the “Simplicity” pattern for the jacket. .
- I extended the New Look bodice pattern as seen in diagram.
- Use the same method to cut the lining.
- Because the lace is very light, I pinned the lace to the lining before basting to keep in place and add weight.
Join front and back of dress together by basting before stitching.
- I faced the neck. Press seams open and put in zipper and hemmed dress to desired length
- I used the Simplicity pattern for the jacket.
Completed Dress with Long Jacket.